New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Safari page sheet style, display is all wrong.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

analogue_radio

analogue_radio is on a distinguished road

why is safari doing this to me? i've put up with it for long enough. it's just not just last.fm & facebook (the above), i've had this problem with paypal & ebay, numerous others.

i've tried the same url's in firefox as well and it's just the same.

any help?

i'm using safari version Version 4.0.3
QUOTE Thanks
serunati

serunati is on a distinguished road

I have seen this once or twice but refreshing the page usually clears the formatting. It seems that in rendering the site that a .css or another file with key formatting/content is not always received in time.

I would suggest using the Safari-Reset Safari menu option to clear out any trash content that may have been cached as well. Just make sure to deselect any options/items you do not want cleared on the panel that opens--

S
QUOTE Thanks
analogue_radio

Thanks.

I'll apologise now for annoying anyone, I know I've already posted this in the wrong sub-forum.

I'll give that a go and see what happens.
QUOTE Thanks
analogue_radio

Just tried the same pages on a friends macbook pro (same specs, same version of safari) & it works fine.. she's across the hall from me, so it's all the same internet connection.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If you go to Safari preferences/advanced/style sheet... does it say none selected (which is the default setting)?
QUOTE Thanks
analogue_radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
If you go to Safari preferences/advanced/style sheet... does it say none selected (which is the default setting)?
Yep, that's set to 'none'
QUOTE Thanks
analogue_radio

Okay I realised why.. it's because I had my clock set back to 2006, in order to be able to use my CS4 collection.. set that to the current time and everything works correctly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport on snow leopard | Sudennly ran out of space »