New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

hyperlinks in mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

engines

engines is on a distinguished road

Why is it that when producing an e-mail on a PC it is as simple as can be to send a hyperlink, but when doing the same on a Mac it just does not work? I have seen a number of threads suggesting that hyperlinks do work on the Mac and that I simply need to look at what is in the 'sent mail' or that I can send myself a copy of the mail to confirm that all is OK. What I have confirmed is that all is NOT OK and the hyperlinks are simply not created. Even entering the word "hyperlink" in the Safari help simply suggests that Apple denies the existence of such an idea.
Is there a setting I have yet to find out about? Can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

So, you're saying you can't create a link in an email using Mail?

I'm sure there's more than one way, but the way I do it is type a word in the email like "this" or "link" or a description of the website. Then highlight that word and right-click on it, and then select Link from the drop down menu. Paste the web address in the box, click OK, and that's it.

Please clarify if your problem is different from what I'm interpreting.
QUOTE Thanks
serunati

serunati is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by engines View Post
Why is it that when producing an e-mail on a PC it is as simple as can be to send a hyperlink, but when doing the same on a Mac it just does not work?
I just tried this to see if I could duplicate it. What I have found is that it does not act like a hyperlink in the creation of the email, but once sent and opened/previewed the links were showing up like I expected them to. Do you have a better example of the link you are trying to embed?

S
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by engines View Post
Even entering the word "hyperlink" in the Safari help simply suggests that Apple denies the existence of such an idea.
1. Don't use Safari's help for Mail. Use Mail's Help.
2. Search for just plain "link" instead of "hyperlink."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Language Packs! | My iMac has gone all weird... :S »