New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

different .dmg files for snow leopard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mgsfan18

mgsfan18 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation

I was on a website and it said it was a snow leopard .dmg and I was wondering if there is a difference because I only have leopard not snow leopard.

A man who is not one for words once told me...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

There are only two reasons I can think of that would make a file Snow Leopard only. One, the program uses features that are solely available on Snow Leopard but not on any previous version. Two, the program will only work on Intel machines and the author decided to call it a Snow Leopard file (which is Intel only whereas Leopard and Tiger were both PPC and Intel) instead of Intel only.

I'd say you download it and give it a try. Most likely it's the second reason and the author meant Intel only, which means it will work just fine on your Mac.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

Mac Specs: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation

Yeah I guess it is a snow leopard only because when I tried installing it said "requires System Python 2.5 to install."

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Leopard came with Python 2.5 as the system default IIRC. What program are you trying to get?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

nothing to big just a level editor for a flash game called x-moto

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Name? Link?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
mgsfan18

XMoto

Thats the site

22/08/2009 - Inksmoto Level Editor (svg2lvl) 0.6.0 released Look for that title then you will see

Inkscape-0.47.1_inksmoto-0.6.0_macox_snowleopard.dmg Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Binary

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Update loop bug (Snow Leopard) | iMac automatically addresses external drives? »