New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Go from 10.6.1 to 10.5 Dualadapter not working

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macadocius

macadocius is on a distinguished road

I have 10.5 on an external hard drive, but when I click the icon to run it, it restarts the macbook pro and then does nothing. I think I have a partition on the macbook, don't understand what to do. Do I need to burn 10.5 install DVD to a CD?

I just want to go from 10.6.1 down to 10.5, because my current OS will not work with Dualadapter card reader.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I think you need to back up a few steps...and explain the problem is & what you're setup is.

You missed a lot of details in your post.. You mention a MacBook Pro, a MacBook, an external hard drive...something about a partition on the MacBook...something about burning 10.5 from DVD to CD (which is definitely NOT allowed!)...and something about a Dualadapter card reader.

Way too many details missing...

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
macadocius

macadocius is on a distinguished road

I recently upgraded to snow leopard, i don't know what i did with my leopard install dvd, but i got a back up of it on an external hard drive. when i click to install the leopard version it won't let me because there is this upgrade called snow leopard that i bought from the apple store that doesn't work with my P2 card read made by dualadapter that i also bought not knowing there were no updated drivers for snow leopard when working with the dualadapter. now i am 100 dollars out, plus what i paid at apple for snow leopard. thanks. sorry, just don't know what i did with the install dvd that came with my macbook pro.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Startup Disk | Can't scroll a folder! corrupt file ? »