New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Dual language correction in OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Isidore

Isidore is on a distinguished road

Ok, so I'm a postgrad historian who studies the Spanish Inquisition. I am constantly quoting in Spanish, etc. Is it possible to have my mac set for English AND Spanish. By which I mean to say it will correct both languages? If so, how?
QUOTE Thanks
Ekim

Ekim is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MBP - 15in, 2.66ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GPU, 320gb HDD

Good news! Yes there is! And this is how:

Go to System Preferences -> International -> Input Menus -> Select any number of additional languages -> Keyboard shortcuts -> select the shortcuts you want to switch between languages -> back arrow -> check "Show input menu in menu bar" -> close system preferences.

Now go into a word editor and test your new languages! Its especially fun to type in Japanese

Hope this helps!
QUOTE Thanks
Isidore

Isidore is on a distinguished road

Ok, well I did that and I set my hotkeys, with Spanish as my preferred one and English just below it on the preference list. It isn't working though, even when I hit the hot key and I saw the little US flag at the top, it's still wanting to do spellcheck for Spanish... what am I doing wrong?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 'Network' forgot entire Location and its settings | MacBook 10.5 major issues »