New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - OS X Update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

keller4

keller4 is on a distinguished road

I recently tired to update my software and my macbook downloaded the install and said I had to restart in order to complete the installation. I then powered down to restart, it popped up a box saying it was configuring setup but then the status bar stopped about two minutes afterwards and remained in the same position for 6+ hours before I finally just shut it down. Please help!!!
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Have you tried restarting since?
QUOTE Thanks
keller4

many many times
QUOTE Thanks
leopard-user1

leopard-user1 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody

Had it already completed the installation?
Also, was this in Software Update or Installer? You can always download the newest update package from apple.com.

(from scienceteecher.com)
17" MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Have found this little glitch quite often with getting updates from the software update. I usually run that app to get any updates required then download them straight from the apple website. Can take a little bit longer if there is a few updates but beats the freezing up situation and sometimes re downloading the update if you loose it. Here is the 10.6 update from apple ...

Mac OS X v10.6.1 Update

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
keller4

software update. It checks for new software then shows an update for iTunes and Mac OS X Update Combined 10.5.8. I click install, type in my password, agree to the terms, box comes up to download the items, once finished it says click restart to complete the installation. So i click restart and upon start up the box pops up that says configuring installation and it moves a tiny bit and then stops and never completes.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Mate easiest is download the 10.5.8 combo update straight from apple site

10.5.8 combo update

If thats what you are after. If not just search the Apple site in downloads for the exact update you are after

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Your OP says that it's 10.6 OS X update.... misprint?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Your OP says that it's 10.6 OS X update.... misprint?
Very much so, is why i posted the 10.6.1 update earlier for it

QUOTE Thanks
keller4

sorry bout the misprint...will give this a shot and hope it works. thanks a bunch
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sound level Default? | Migration of 10.58 data to new iMac 10.6 »