New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Snow Leopard,going back to Leopard!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chuckle1271

Chuckle1271 is on a distinguished road

I just bought this, to start backing up my data.
B&H in Manhattan has the best price

G-Technology | 1TB G-Drive External Hard Drive | GD4 1000 | B&H
QUOTE Thanks
cipher

cipher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckle1271 View Post
I have read a lot of people not liking SL due to Safari issues. What about the fact the QuickTime Pro is also gone?....
QT Pro is on the SL disk and was even offered as an installed when I looked at the additional software included. I just plugged in my existing credentials and it worked as before. I now have both QT 10 and QT pro. You just needed to get it off the DVD.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckle1271 View Post
I have read a lot of people not liking SL due to Safari issues. What about the fact the QuickTime Pro is also gone?!?! After I had to buy it yet AGAIN. Apple has really F'ed up this time. I will be backing up my current system and downgrading as well. I used to be able to edit video easily and very well. It's not so now. I don't know what is involved in downgrading, but I am going to buy a large FireWire 2 external hard drive and back up with TimeMachine for starters.
What are you on about?
Safari's always had issues for many users, and is no worse with Snow Leopard, and as for Quicktime Pro, it was never there unless you paid for the upgrade. It was not a freebie with Leopard!
If you need to install it, read THIS

By the way, running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and having no problems... Mac's running like a charm as always
QUOTE Thanks
el guapo77

el guapo77 is on a distinguished road

I just bought SL but I'm leaving it in the car and returning it. I bought it because its $30 bucks and I read that it made it faster (than it already was). I dont wanna get greedy. I've been reading reviews and man.. it sounds like its a 50 / 50 chance it will work as advertised. I have no issues with my macbook so I'm not gonna mess with it. Theanks for the info everyone. Maybe down the road.

QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo77 View Post
I just bought SL but I'm leaving it in the car and returning it. I bought it because its $30 bucks and I read that it made it faster (than it already was). I dont wanna get greedy. I've been reading reviews and man.. it sounds like its a 50 / 50 chance it will work as advertised. I have no issues with my macbook so I'm not gonna mess with it. Theanks for the info everyone. Maybe down the road.
Never had issues with my Mac, and since Snow Leopard, still had no issues other than having more room on my HD.
I don't know what you've been reading, but just be aware, majority of Mac users, regardless of what OS they are using, you will hear nothing from.
The reason being, is that they are happy!
If you are driving a porsche 911 turbo, do you spend your time on forums, or car mag sites talking about it, or just enjoy cruising (racing) along?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have no idea -- seriously, NO IDEA -- what the people in the early part of this thread are talking about. Bought SL on day one, installed it on day one, NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER since day one.

I have to date assisted well over 300 clients in moving to Snow Leopard. NO ISSUES AT ALL.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

They're just cranky
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
I have no idea -- seriously, NO IDEA -- what the people in the early part of this thread are talking about. Bought SL on day one, installed it on day one, NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER since day one.

I have to date assisted well over 300 clients in moving to Snow Leopard. NO ISSUES AT ALL.
Ditto here on my end. Not one issue.

Only real issues I have heard about that are valid issues were with some 3rd party apps that were not SL compatible. Those have long since been updated.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

Same here, not issues. However, I did a clean install and not an upgrade to the previous OS. I wonder if the upgrade is what is causing some heartache?
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

OS X Vista? Wow, someone's a drama queen. The minor annoyances you have faced as a result of upgrading within the first 2 revisions of an OS are things that require power users to find and report. Stop acting like Apple made you skin your knee and you want your old OS back. It's called progress.
QUOTE Thanks
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

I need to resurrect this post.
Since upgrading to 10.6.2 I've been having problems accessing my Time Machine backup disk (Freecom Firewire Pro), in that as soon as my mac goes to sleep so does my drive. Now it won't recognise this drive at all, so cannot access my backup.

Coupled with my Finder thumbnail issues (posted here a few days ago), I need to get back to a proper working OS asap without risk to my data.

So is there anyway to get back to 10.5 without a clean install?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finder constantly crashes at startup and dock apps dont start | What is this? »