New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Disk Util Issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mcdoe

mcdoe is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, in a bit of a pickle and would like some help.

Have 40+ i-Macs which we have just upgraded to snow leopard, the problem i have is trying to resize the HDD via send unix command in ARD 3.3 or physically at the mac's.

This wasn't an issue with 10.5, we would simply use disk util to resize volume creating a secondary ms-dos partition so we could deploy a windows image using an application called winclone. We now get error....Volume format does not support resizing.

Like i mentioned this worked a treat with 10.5, but fails on 10.6, have checked the man page associated with disk util and you can resize the volume non destructively but it just doesn't seem to want to play.....

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
mcdoe

mcdoe is on a distinguished road

Have found a solution but i'm now more confused than before....i enabled journalling on the drive. Restarted the mac and now i can resize the volume etc without any issues. I also noticed that bootcamp wouldn't run until journalling was switched on.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ?'s using Terminal to unlock an internal volume | GreyScreen of Death - SnL MBPro-restore from TM »