New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Automator workflow to disable MBP screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

*TT*

*TT* is on a distinguished road

First of all, this is my first post here at MacForums, I'm sure it will be the first of many. I am one of the management team of a very large forum on the topic of poker (3.5 million visitors/month), I'm impressed with what I see so far here, very nice! I recently just purchased my first Mac in years, a Macbook Pro 17". I was a Mac user until 2000 when I was forced to switch to Windows for business reasons, although my main desktop will remain a Windows machine my laptop is now OSX 10.6 with Parallels running Windows 7.

Question:

When I am not on the road I like to plug in my MBP to one of my desktop monitors, I set up the system so the monitor mirrors the MBP LCD screen, then I manually lower the brightness to disable the LCD display on the MBP so I can continue to use the keyboard without being distracted by the LCD (I dont want to use clamshell mode). Right now I am manually lowering the brightness of the LCD, but I'd like to create an automater script that lowers the brightness (turns off the LCD) anytime I plug in the Mini Display Port to DVI converter, or if thats not possible at least a script which allows me to change the display brightness with one click. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

I've been searching the net in order to find some answer to your query, but to no avail.

I edited my post since the idea I had also blacks out your other display.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« haven't been able to operate any of my file sharing programs | I deleted my documents thing on my dock. »