Snow Leopard upgrade.... missing programs?
    Hey guys im a mac newb and i just upgraded to snow leopard from leopard. I could have sworn my macbook pro came with garageband and imovie etc but after the upgrade i can't see those icons in my dock or even in the finder?

Did they come with SnowLeopard? As an ex windows user this would really be crappy for me since my laptop previously had all of that nice software but no longer doesn't. Please thelp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maguino View Post
    Hey guys im a mac newb and i just upgraded to snow leopard from leopard. I could have sworn my macbook pro came with garageband and imovie etc but after the upgrade i can't see those icons in my dock or even in the finder?

Did they come with SnowLeopard? As an ex windows user this would really be crappy for me since my laptop previously had all of that nice software but no longer doesn't. Please thelp

Thanks
    If you used the "cheap" $29 Snow Leopard upgrade instead of the more expensive includes iLife package, then yes it is gone.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    iLife, which contains garageband, comes pre-installed on your mac.
    It is not contained on the leopard or snow leopard installation discs.
    You will need to contact apple, and explain your situation, and I'm pretty sure that they will send you a copy of the pre-installed ilife for the cost of the shipping.

Hmm would they do something like that? My macbook pro is about 2.5 years old but i was using it for everything because the programs were so easy to use. Website creation, photo albums etc and i really loved that aspect of media i had never embraced before.

After the upgrade my mbp feels bare and unequipped. Not sure how i should approach their tech support/sales reps with my issue. =(

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Which SL DVD did you use? Drop in $9.95 upgrade? $29 upgrade or the $49 Family Pack? NONE of them nor 10.5 for that matter, contain iLife. That comes pre-installed on your mac and on the DVD's that came with your Mac.

If you did an upgrade and not erase the hard drive and install, iLife should be there. If not you can install from the DVD's that came with your machine.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Which SL DVD did you use? Drop in $9.95 upgrade? $29 upgrade or the $49 Family Pack? NONE of them nor 10.5 for that matter, contain iLife. That comes pre-installed on your mac and on the DVD's that came with your Mac.

If you did an upgrade and not erase the hard drive and install, iLife should be there. If not you can install from the DVD's that came with your machine.
    My late 2007 MB came with iLife 08 pre-installed, and the OSX installation discs... but no iLife installation disc. Is this common?

Interesting, I have the 07 mbp as well and when i bought later leopard at a later date did a clean install. From then on ive been missing my features. Your saying my original discs that came with my machine will have these programs i want and i can install them?

This would be really awesome if this was the case.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    ILife besides being installed on the Mac when you purchase it is also on the DVD's that ship with that Mac. So yes, it's on the DVD's that came originally with your machine.

Also read this other thread here at Mac Forums.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...n-install.html

Thread Information