New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Remove service in snow leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smmurf

smmurf is on a distinguished road

I donít now how to get rid of service after the application, that installed it, is removed.
Iíve installed TextWrangler and it added such services as New window with selection, but after I removed Text Wrangler this service is still present. Iíve disabled it in keyboard preferences, but I want it to disappear from this list at all, I want nothing related to application to stay in the system. Application support folders related to it are already manually removed.
How can I remove the service completely?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

You'll have to download an uninstall app from here, and the uninstall file from here

I haven't tried this myself but I hope this helped you...

QUOTE Thanks
smmurf

Thanks, but is there any way to do that by hand or with free application?
Yank can’t do that in demo mode.
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

What's wrong with paying for an application here and there, did you get your Mac for free...

This app is actually well worth the money, I found that out first hand, it works...
If you want to find a free program that does that, google it... see what comes up, that's what I did, back then.

Good luck

QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Should be in > User Library > Services..
S.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
smmurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
What's wrong with paying for an application here and there, did you get your Mac for free...

This app is actually well worth the money, I found that out first hand, it works...
If you want to find a free program that does that, google it... see what comes up, that's what I did, back then.

Good luck
I just donít want to pay for the app to solve just one minor problem, and paying is OK in many cases, of course -)
I have found in google a mailing list, where removing was discussed, so deleting some files I havenít found before solved this problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keychain/password saving problems | Will Snow Leopard make my computer run cooler? »