Loosing Data on NTFS Formatted Drives - Snow Lep
    Seems since I have installed Snow Lep, I have been loosing large amounts of files. When I open the folder that has the files on a Mac, the folder just appears empty. If I open the same folder on a PC I get The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable.

Any ideas?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Did you enable r/w operations on your NTFS volume? By default, OS X can't do anything but read an NTFS partition.

It might just be that the partition is damaged and a CHKDSK needs to be run from within Windows.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Sorry I got interrupted as i was typing my post and didn't include all my info.

I have NTFS for Mac OS X installed. Before I moved to Snow Lep I never had a problem. This is on more than one drive.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by pwf View Post
    Sorry I got interrupted as i was typing my post and didn't include all my info.

I have NTFS for Mac OS X installed. Before I moved to Snow Lep I never had a problem. This is on more than one drive.
    I did too and I removed it. I found it to be unstable with Snow Leopard, despite the fact that Paragon released an update. It ended up causing random spinning wheels of death.

I would recommend disabling or removing it altogether. Mac OS X now has native support for NTFS r/w operations. It is unsupported, but seems to work fine for me thus far.

10.6: Enable native NTFS read/write support - Mac OS X Hints

If that's more trouble than you're willing to expend at the moment, I found that NTFS-3G, an open source alternative, works just fine with SL as well.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    If you don't feel like fiddling around with terminal to get native support in Snow Leopard to R/W NTFS, download the free "ntfsMounter" application here which does the same thing.

To cwa:

I haven't heard back from the folks at Paragon yet about the instability of its update to Snow Leopard RE: "Paragon NTFS". I'm hoping they're working on the problem and will have a fix soon. I still don't trust NTFS 3G enough to use it.

Regards.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    If you don't feel like fiddling around with terminal to get native support in Snow Leopard to R/W NTFS, download the free "ntfsMounter" application here which does the same thing.

To cwa:

I haven't heard back from the folks at Paragon yet about the instability of its update to Snow Leopard RE: "Paragon NTFS". I'm hoping they're working on the problem and will have a fix soon. I still don't trust NTFS 3G enough to use it.

Regards.
    Any reason in particular? I had it running for a few days and found it to be stable and fast, unlike earlier versions. It was also a point and click operation to install.

Is deleting the app from my applications folder enough to get rid of it?
    I have installed the new one you suggested chscag and now have the kitty in my bar...

Specs:
    There's an uninstaller that came with the original DMG. If you don't have the DMG, I'd recommend redownloading it.

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Any reason in particular? I had it running for a few days and found it to be stable and fast, unlike earlier versions. It was also a point and click operation to install.
    It's been a while since I used it (about a year ago). At the time it would intermittently cause file corruption on the NTFS partition. I also had some bad experiences with an older version I used several years ago when I was running Ubuntu in a dual configuration with Win XP.

Regards.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    I was having problems with Paragon but I realised I had Fuse installed too. Since removing Fuse and re-installed Paragon all my NTFS dealings have been fine.
    What sort of problems are you all getting with Paragon?

Apologies for hi-jacking your thread pwf - Is native support working for you OK?
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Thread Information