New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - two questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fairyvoice

fairyvoice is on a distinguished road

1. Is zooming through command and mouse scroll become invalid in 10.6? I remember I can do this in 10.5, now I can just use command and +/- to zoom. Is this function canceled in 10.6 or I need some configuration to let it work.

2. It is always mute when then osx starts and I have to turn it on, how to make it not mute?

Thanks a lot
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

1. control and scroll.... not command! That might fix it, and don't worry, my memory's going too in my old age
2.Mute, or lower volume?
QUOTE Thanks
fairyvoice

fairyvoice is on a distinguished road

1. I do know the control and scroll but this is the pixel zoom not the page zoom, which can be done by command with +/-, you can see control with scroll and command with +/- has different effect, and I remember I can do this in 10.5 ( as well as in windows using control with scroll)

2. mute, the whole sound bar is gray.

thanks a lot for supporting
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Your volume should stay at the same level as when you turned off your computer.
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Pixel Zoom = the trackpad 'Pinch open & close'
Command + & - seems to be the only way without a multi touch trackpad.

Volume or lack of problems:
The com.apple.soundpref.plist is in the MAIN LIBRARY -PREFERENCES - (not the users library where most are).
You could drag that plist file to the desktop then restart and see if the new plist file the system makes works. If so trash the one on the desktop..
S.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
Pomeroy

Pomeroy is a jewel in the roughPomeroy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyvoice View Post
1. Is zooming through command and mouse scroll become invalid in 10.6? I remember I can do this in 10.5, now I can just use command and +/- to zoom. Is this function canceled in 10.6 or I need some configuration to let it work.

2. It is always mute when then osx starts and I have to turn it on, how to make it not mute?

Thanks a lot
1. To set Zooming with command and mouse scroll go to "System Prefences" and on the "Universal Access" tab and under "Seeing" click on "Options".
Change the modifier key to what ever you want.

2. In "System Prefences" go to the "sound" tab" and make sure Mute is not checked. Do this right after a reboot and before you turn the sound back on.

Never ask a man what computer he uses. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you.
If it's not, why embarrass him?'"
..: (Tom Clancy)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .pkg installation hang... | Audio convertor WMA to MP3 »