Problem with a 10810 error in my Finder
    I tried to install this program that would give me a rainbow Apple icon in the menu bar, but all it did was turn my MacBook into a glorified clock. Here's a video about the program: YouTube - Customize My Mac episode 11 - Change Menu Bar Apple
    I cannot open the Finder and the menu bar at the top is worthless now, I can only look in stacks (But not open anything in them) when my dock decides to work. I had to install a .pkg file to get this evil little program installed, so surely there must be a way to start up in a command line interface and remove this program. I really don't want to reinstall my OS since I don't know how I'll get my stuff off of my Mac at this point. Even when I boot into safe mode I get the exact same errors (Broken menu bar, broken Finder). I just need to know how I can remove this .pkg and get things back in working order.

Since I lost my 10.6 DVD, I've just given up for now and I'm installing 10.5 on another partition so I can recover all of my valuable files and possibly fix my other partition if anyone knows how. Will I be able to easily browse my Snow Leopard partition, or will it take special configuration to make it show up on my Leopard partition?

I figured out how to open the .dmg of the offending file from my Terminal on my install disk (I found it), now I need to know how to open a .pkg file in the Terminal so I can run the installer and possibly uninstall the evil program. Any ideas?

Thread Information