New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Problem with a 10810 error in my Finder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Grimsrud

Grimsrud is on a distinguished road

I tried to install this program that would give me a rainbow Apple icon in the menu bar, but all it did was turn my MacBook into a glorified clock. Here's a video about the program: YouTube - Customize My Mac episode 11 - Change Menu Bar Apple
I cannot open the Finder and the menu bar at the top is worthless now, I can only look in stacks (But not open anything in them) when my dock decides to work. I had to install a .pkg file to get this evil little program installed, so surely there must be a way to start up in a command line interface and remove this program. I really don't want to reinstall my OS since I don't know how I'll get my stuff off of my Mac at this point. Even when I boot into safe mode I get the exact same errors (Broken menu bar, broken Finder). I just need to know how I can remove this .pkg and get things back in working order.
QUOTE Thanks
Grimsrud

Since I lost my 10.6 DVD, I've just given up for now and I'm installing 10.5 on another partition so I can recover all of my valuable files and possibly fix my other partition if anyone knows how. Will I be able to easily browse my Snow Leopard partition, or will it take special configuration to make it show up on my Leopard partition?
QUOTE Thanks
Grimsrud

I figured out how to open the .dmg of the offending file from my Terminal on my install disk (I found it), now I need to know how to open a .pkg file in the Terminal so I can run the installer and possibly uninstall the evil program. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ethernet Port shows connected but cant get static or DHCP to work | Volume/Contrast Key Stopped working..please help! »