Thread: Switching from Panther to Tiger
10-20-2009, 03:20 PM #1
Switching from Panther to Tiger
- Member Since
- Oct 20, 2009
I confess, I'm still using 10.3.9. I know it is completely ridiculous that I haven't updated my OS since '04, but let's just say I haven't had disposable income since then. Now, however, I'm finding myself further and further down a road to obscurity and need to make an update. I can't afford a whole new computer, but Tiger seems doable.
My questions are:
1. Do I need to do a full install of Tiger or can I do an upgrade from Panther?
2. I use a lot of Adobe software that my old job gave me, and I can't re-install any of it because they have the discs. Can my Adobe programs transfer to Tiger without re-installing?
3. I'm using a Second Generation G4 (with plenty of RAM), is Tiger going to even run remotely right on my machine?
4. Should I tell everyone who is even considering giving me a Christmas present to just make it cash so I can throw it all in on a new MacBook and Adobe CS4?
10-20-2009, 03:37 PM #2
Answers to questions:
1. There is an upgrade install disk available. You can no longer purchase Tiger install disks from the Apple Store. You either need to get them on e-Bay, Craig's List, call Apple customer service, etc.
2. Maybe, maybe not. You need to visit the Adobe website to see what the OS requirements are for the versions of the programs you have.
3. More than likely no problem.
4. YES YES YES YES!!!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Thomas2043 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 03-14-2008, 05:52 PM
By Drew_Ty in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 11-22-2006, 07:22 AM
By maz94protege in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 11Last Post: 11-20-2005, 09:55 AM
By stupid in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 7Last Post: 10-01-2005, 05:33 PM
By iNAP in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 5Last Post: 06-07-2005, 09:56 PM