New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Converting Files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrs.biggo

mrs.biggo is on a distinguished road

Hi folks!

I hope someone can help.

I've received a flash drive with thousands of files on it. Within this FD are quite a large amount of files with the extension .msg example: fwd notes.msg

I know that these are most likely e-mails that were sent as doc's, but I need to open these files. How do I do this? Can I do this?

Also, some files are as follows; ~$umbthing.doc but will not open with Word!

I'm so confused!

Don't take life to seriously...you're not getting out alive anyway!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Read the following Mac Rumors Guide: Link which will take care of the *.msg files.

As for the ~$.doc files, they're not going to be readable, or at least readable to make any sense. Those are files which were saved as partial backups of the originals because of an inadvertent shutdown (Windows crash or Office crash). You might be able to read them with Textedit. ??

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Developer Tools and switching Macs | You must restart your computer error message out of nowhere »