New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

mini - Desktop Icons and trash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kramman

kramman is on a distinguished road

I have two problems. They both appeared at the same time

Problem #1: The following programs some how ended up in my trash bin. System Preferences, System Profiler, Safari, HP Device Manager, Directory, Grab, Folder Actions Setup, Preview, Digital Color Meter, Mail, and Itunes. The Icons were still on the bottom (I guess this is the dock). When I would click on them a message comes up telling me they are in the trash. I need to retrieve them from the trash. I grabbed them and pulled them to my desk top and they work. I want to remove them from my desk top.

Problem #2 I keep all my music on an external hard drive. I actually have it backed up on two separate hard drives. I have 56gb of music. As I said this problem occurred when problem #1 happened. When I have both or either hard drive connected all my music shows up in the trash as well as Itunes. The music play fine and uploads to my Ipod fine. The problem is I can nor delete anything in my trash can with out deleting every thing in my trash can. If I eject the hard drives the music in my trash goes away. Can someone please help me with these 2 problems
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Display bug on OSX | Turns on, but doesn't? »