Specs:
    Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Dual Core.
    Arrow The Whole System Freezes Every Few Seconds
    I am running Leopard now. I had this same problem a year ago running Tiger, and solved it with a fresh install.

The whole system will freezes every few seconds. It freezes and then comes back. It's impossible to get anything done this way. It doesn't matter what I am doing.. it freezes when I am typing, when I am opening a software, or watching a video. Whatever is the action I do, mac will freeze the loading icon will come one, and after a few seconds will return and keep working.

I read somewhere else that I should turn off SMART Monitoring, but no one ever went in detail on how to do that. I tried searching google and this forum about SMART Monitoring, but got no answers. I know many other people have experienced similar problems before.

I installed a couple of system stats, and it does not show any high usage of CPU, RAM, or Hard Drive...

Again, I solved this problem before by doing a system format and installing a new copy of OSX, however I would actually learn a different solution this time, instead of having to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by gimperdaniel View Post
    I am running Leopard now. I had this same problem a year ago running Tiger, and solved it with a fresh install.

The whole system will freezes every few seconds. It freezes and then comes back. It's impossible to get anything done this way. It doesn't matter what I am doing.. it freezes when I am typing, when I am opening a software, or watching a video. Whatever is the action I do, mac will freeze the loading icon will come one, and after a few seconds will return and keep working.

I read somewhere else that I should turn off SMART Monitoring, but no one ever went in detail on how to do that. I tried searching google and this forum about SMART Monitoring, but got no answers. I know many other people have experienced similar problems before.

I installed a couple of system stats, and it does not show any high usage of CPU, RAM, or Hard Drive...

Again, I solved this problem before by doing a system format and installing a new copy of OSX, however I would actually learn a different solution this time, instead of having to do that again.

bump

i am also having this exact same problem on my iMac 27" only had it a few months. if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

Thread Information