New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Recovering files from a external HD pre Time Machine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sweiss6

sweiss6 is on a distinguished road

Please someone throw me a ladder to get me out of this ginormous hole I doug myself.

A few days ago I set up my old MBP to be a server of sorts. It is plugged into my external HDD and my Wife's external HDD. My reasoning for this is so our computers can wirelessly back them selves up with Time Machine. Setting my new MBP was not problem was doing a fresh install because I wanted to start fresh, select the location of the drive I wanted and go, cake! The wife's drive was just as easy or so I thought. She comes to me today and tells me that the only thing she has on her external HDD is the backups folder from Time Machine. She is missing 3 folders. I presume when I set up Time Machine on her compy that it did not recognize her old backups from previous and reformatted her external HDD. So my question to you is that is there a way to revert or go back and fetch the old files that were on her drive or will I be groveling and apologizing until I die.

I beg for some help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« yieldmanager and adserverplus | OS X on PC? »