Thread: Mac OS X 10.5.7

Mac OS X 10.5.7
    Hello all,
    I am new to the forums and any help would be greatly appreciated. I just noticed that most of my applications will not work. I first tried to open itunes and it tried to open then it says that the application quit unexpectedly. At first i thought it was just an itunes problem, then i noticed that all of my applications do the same, except for firefox. I cant even do a software update because it does the same. I have no problem with this starting all over but i only have the reboot disk for the OS before this, because my hard drive crashed and when then put a new one in, it was upgraded to the OS X. Please Help

Thank You,
    Andrew

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    You need to purchase either a Leopard retail DVD (black color) or the new Snow Leopard. Without a valid install DVD, you can not adequately trouble shoot your Mac. Whatever is causing the applications not to start is probably related to disk or file errors. Both of which require running Disk Utility when booted from the install DVD. (Disk Utility can not make repairs to your hard drive or system files as long as the drive is mounted with OS X running.)

Regards.

How do you feel about the new snow leopard??...and on apple's website it says you can upgrade to snow leopard for $29, is that would i need to do???

Thank You,
    andrew

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by hnic8419 View Post
    How do you feel about the new snow leopard??...and on apple's website it says you can upgrade to snow leopard for $29, is that would i need to do??? Thank You, andrew
    Many of us are using Snow Leopard and like it very much. To answer your question - yes, if you're currently running Leopard, you can upgrade to Snow Leopard for $29.

However, as I wrote in my other reply, you're probably going to need to do some repairs on your drive or file system. Make sure you take care of the problems first before upgrading to Snow Leopard. In other words, if you buy Snow Leopard, boot your machine from the SL DVD and run Disk Utility First Aid.

Regards.

Thread Information