Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.33(Snow Leopard)
    X11 update for Snow Leopard
    Hi.

AppFresh keeps showing me a X11 update but after I download it and try to install it I get the error message above.

So does my X11 needs upgrading?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
    No, AppFresh is most likely confused by 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and keeps giving you erroneous information about X11.

Specs:
    Yeah, think you are right wmprice1240. But the developer says that it's compatible with 10.6 anyway. Think she/he hurried up when writing that Appfresh is ready for Snow Leopard.

Also I got more proof for your thought. Once Appfresh said that Skype needed an update and when it downloaded the update it was an older version. Also Appfresh shows things that are updated again after a refresh.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by cansurmeli View Post
    Yeah, think you are right wmprice1240. But the developer says that it's compatible with 10.6 anyway. Think she/he hurried up when writing that Appfresh is ready for Snow Leopard.
    It is true that they do state Snow Leopard compatibility but they also state that, "AppFresh is still work in progress and released as a Development Preview. We cannot assure that AppFresh is working correctly on every setup. Although installing applications using AppFresh has been heavily tested, please make sure to have a working backup."

Most applications have auto-update functionality built-in nowadays and IMO, this makes AppFresh irrelevant. If you ensure that all the applications you want to keep up to date have this enabled, you should be fine. If that fails, there is always good ol' Google.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    You are right too vansmith but the thing I like about Appfresh is that it updates everything, well mostly everything, from one place that you don't have to open every single application and check for their updates.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    Quote Originally Posted by cansurmeli View Post
    You are right too vansmith but the thing I like about Appfresh is that it updates everything, well mostly everything, from one place that you don't have to open every single application and check for their updates.
    With most applications you have the option to search for updates automatically, so when you open them, if there is an update, it takes care of things for you. ....You don't have to open every single application & check for updates, you can wait until you need to use them, and if you are so anxious to have the "latest version", then you can do a manual check. It only takes 2-3 mouse clicks

Too many people running into too many problems rushing into the latest updates, when everything is running smoothly as it is!

Thread Information