Thread: Hdd selection

Hdd selection
    Hey Folks,

Im not greatly experienced with techy stuff so any help will be great. Ok i got an internal hdd 500gb installed a few months ago and the lady that did it for me set it so that when i turn on my mac i would be accessing the new 500gb hdd from my desktop, but i installed Leopard yesterday and since then im accessing my original 250gb hdd from the desktop which is frustrating because i have to go through alot of folders to get to what i need to, drag and drop stuff into the desktop and ive no memory left on this one to do so.

So how do i set it so i am accessing the 500gb from the desktop again? is there much to it?

Thanks in advance
    Shane

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    We need some more information Shane. What kind of machine do you have? I know that it must have the ability to utilize more than one hard drive.

More than likely, when you installed Leopard you installed it on the 250 GB drive rather than the 500 GB drive. I'm assuming your old OS X was installed on the 500 GB drive at the same time you had the drive put in.

That means your desktop is displayed from the hard drive which boots to OS X Leopard. (250 GB) Post back and confirm - also need your machine specs.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    We need some more information Shane. What kind of machine do you have? I know that it must have the ability to utilize more than one hard drive.

More than likely, when you installed Leopard you installed it on the 250 GB drive rather than the 500 GB drive. I'm assuming your old OS X was installed on the 500 GB drive at the same time you had the drive put in.

That means your desktop is displayed from the hard drive which boots to OS X Leopard. (250 GB) Post back and confirm - also need your machine specs.

Regards.
    Model Name: Mac Pro
    Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
    Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 3 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Is this enough info? im not too sure if the os x was installed on the 500gb too? im lost as to this, but i can find out just tell me what to do

Im lost, can anyone help me?

Specs:
    2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
    At first guess the answer is yes you installed the OS on the wrong disk. When you go into System Preferences>Startup Disk what do you see - do you see two startup disks (your 250 with Tiger and the 500 with the old OS)?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilbear View Post
    At first guess the answer is yes you installed the OS on the wrong disk. When you go into System Preferences>Startup Disk what do you see - do you see two startup disks (your 250 with Tiger and the 500 with the old OS)?
    Yup, i see the 2 discs but it doesnt specify which os is on each of them, but yes the 250 has to have leopard and 500 has tiger, where do i go form her?

anyone?

Specs:
    Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
    Which drive is set up in preference >start up disk as the first start disk ?
    BUT it must be borne in mind if you change it is fixed until you change it again.
    And if you change it to the wrong disk it would NOT Start at all
    Above applies to my Mac Pro running snow leopard.

Thread Information