New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - sound settings in Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

monty.williams

monty.williams is on a distinguished road

My sound settings in Snow Leopard revert to the minimum every time I close down my machine. How can I get it to remain at the last setting? I Googled this question and found this answer:

In " Macintosh HD / Library / Preferences / Audio " there are two audio setting files. Delete them. Set your sound to the desired setting. Restart.

You may have trouble logging on after a restart, if this happens... just power off your Mac for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Your sound issue should now be fixed!!

But when I go into library/preferences/ audio which are the two audio files to delete?

Would be grateful for any advice. I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro. Thank you.
montywilliams
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
But when I go into library/preferences/ audio which are the two audio files to delete?
Do not delete anything. Instead move the two files which end in "plist" to your desktop. Do not move or delete the other two files which end in ~orig. Restart.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
monty.williams

monty.williams is on a distinguished road

Hi Chscag,
Many thanks for replying. In my Library/Preferences/Audio, the two files suggested in the Google solution do not exist. The two audio settings files suggested are /Library/Preferences/Audio (com.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist and com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist).
So now, any suggestions about fixing the sound levels would be appreciated.
I have done a re-install of the update to Snow Leopard. The problem did not
exist before Snow Leopard.
thanking you,
monty.williams
QUOTE Thanks
mrstarfunk24g

mrstarfunk24g is on a distinguished road

hi there,

I've got the same problem here, after restart my machine all my audio settings are lost and the internal speaker is playing the sound again.

this google solution above did not solve the problem.... anybody out there who knows what I mean?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CD drive problems :( | iCal text adjustments »