New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - DVD much slower now...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pazzo

pazzo is on a distinguished road

Since upgrading to Snow Leopard, my DVD Player has been extra slow!? It used to be super fast when say ffwd or rwd'ing the movies. Now it hesitates 3 or so seconds before responding, and "waking up DVD drive" is displayed in the top left corner. WTF.
QUOTE Thanks
benjamin

benjamin is on a distinguished road

Google'd "DVD Player warming up" and only found this one instance. At least I'm not alone.... And This is on a brand-spanking-new MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB ram, running 10.6.1

Errrrrgh, annoying. I don't have a comparison to how it was prior to 10.6, but I do note that when I've stopped the DVD and restart from "Last Time Played", I get a pinwheel and no response from the application for 8-10 seconds.
QUOTE Thanks
pazzo

pazzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
I don't have a comparison to how it was prior to 10.6, but I do note that when I've stopped the DVD and restart from "Last Time Played", I get a pinwheel and no response from the application for 8-10 seconds.
Take it from me...it used to be lightning fast (almost). I purchased my MacBook Pro back in Feb. I should have left it with Leopard.

As you replied to this I was watching a DVD and thinking how mad I am at how it is WARMING UP in order for me to pause it to reply here. ARRRRGGGGHH.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« os x Leopard and Photosmart | Snow Leopard With Microsoft 2008 »