Specs:
    imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
    Unhappy Apps crashing, I want to re-install the OS, but that crashes too.
    Part 1:

I came back after a two month summer vacation (I unplugged the computer while I was away) and I went to update the software and then the software update app crashed. I tried to report the problem to apple, but it says that the submission failed, "your report could not be sent to apple, please try again later"

I then tried to sync my iPhone, and iTunes crashed, so I tried to report the problem, and I got the same error. So I un-installed iTunes, but when I emptied the trash it said that "iTunesHelper" was in-use, so I couldn't. But then I tried to restore iTunes by taking it out of the trash, and when I tried to open it, it said that it wasn't supported on that architecture.

I restarted the computer, but the problems won't go away. Firefox works fine...'

UPDATE: Safari crashes too...
    System preferences works...
    Garage Band: Crash!
    iPhoto: Crash!
    MS Word: Works...
    World of Warcraft: Crash!

I am guessing that my problem has something to do with insufficient memory or something like that? I'm not sure...

About my computer: iMac7,1, running Mac OS X 10.5.7
    @GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Part 2

Okay, I was on the phone with someone from Apple tech-help, and we did some stuff, and he said I should just reinstall the operating system. Since I didn't have the disc, I went out and bought the $30 Snow Leopard CD.

I backed-up my system, and put the CD in and tried to install snow leopard.

But... then the application "snow leopard installer" has 'closed unexpectedly" CRASH.

Okay, so how do I do this? The installer crashes, software update crashes, what do I do?

I remember the apple guy said to boot it up using safe boot, is there something similar to that, that will reinstall the operating system without using any apps?

I would contact Apple back and arrange to get a set of original disks for your computer. Start with what works, SL is new and it might be part of a whole different problem. I think you main problem comes from the updater app crashing initially. Like I said I would try to get a set of the original disks for your computer from Apple.
    iMac 20"
    iPod 5th Gen
    iPod Touch 4g

Specs:
    imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by verdejt View Post
    I would contact Apple back and arrange to get a set of original disks for your computer. Start with what works, SL is new and it might be part of a whole different problem. I think you main problem comes from the updater app crashing initially. Like I said I would try to get a set of the original disks for your computer from Apple.
    Okay, I plan on calling the people at Apple next thing tomorrow, but I also have an update, and the results shouldn't surprise anyone.

Part 3:

I installed off the disk (via holding the 'c' key while restarting the computer) and the problem still exists.

/sigh

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    Boot off the disk and run Repair Disk and see what is reported.

Thread Information