New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Question on Installing Leopard on macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

himynameisrich

himynameisrich is on a distinguished road

ok so i bought a macbook from a guy off craigslist and works grate looks and runs new only a few months old i got a grate deal on it but he did not include a install disk but i do have a install disk from my mac mini i tried to install it on my macbook but it wouldnt let me is there a way for me to install the disk on from my mac mini to macbook?
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Nope... can't do it.

The structure of the OS is different from the one your macbook needs.

For instance the keyboard... it's different, the CPU, the GPU... and so on.

You'll have to get a retail version or a machine specific install DVD, but getting the last one in another way than buying a new macbook will have some serious legal issues attached.

Also, I'm not saying it is... but keep in mind that the OS currently installed on your MacBook may be pirated.

Hope this helps

QUOTE Thanks
Derek McNelly

Derek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really niceDerek McNelly is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" - 2.3 GHz Quad i7- 8GB RAM - 750GB Hybrid HD - OS X 10.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynameisrich View Post
ok so i bought a macbook from a guy off craigslist and works grate looks and runs new only a few months old i got a grate deal on it but he did not include a install disk but i do have a install disk from my mac mini i tried to install it on my macbook but it wouldnt let me is there a way for me to install the disk on from my mac mini to macbook?
Did you mean to say:

Quote:
Ok, so I bought a MacBook from a guy off of Craigslist. It works great, looks and runs like new, and it's only a few months old. I got a great deal on it, but he did not include an install disc. I do have an install disc from my Mac Mini, which I tried to install on my MacBook, but it didn't work.

Is there a way for me to use the install disc from my Mac Mini to install OS X on my MacBook?
Because if so, then no, there is not. Each disc is designed specifically for the system it comes with.

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Quad i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB HHD - OS X 10.8
MacBook 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo - 4 GB RAM - 320 GB HDD - OS X 10.6

MoTM February 2009
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Yeah. punctuation! and spelling r? important,
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek McNelly View Post
Did you mean to say:

Because if so, then no, there is not. Each disc is designed specifically for the system it comes with.
Thanks for the help...

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Make a .command file executable on any machine | OS X 10.6 might actually be slower? »