New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Yahoo! Sync username and password pop up...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eli

eli is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I recently deleted my Yahoo! email account. I deleted it from the server and from my Mail and iPhone Mail. After that I keep getting this pop up asking for my Yahoo! username and password. I have tried everything I know to get rid of it. Any ideas???

eli
QUOTE Thanks
Muslmom

Muslmom is on a distinguished road

I too am going through the same thing. I even got so frustrated that once I entered a password that cannot be mentioned here just to make myself feel better! I deleted my account completely last week and of course they say it will take a few months for the account to be completely deleted.

Will someone PLEASE tell us how to get rid of this??
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

What are you doing when it pops up? What app is asking for the password?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
mayrock

mayrock is on a distinguished road

Go into Address Book, Preferences, Accounts. In there you can turn on or off the syncs.
QUOTE Thanks
suzyhok

suzyhok is on a distinguished road

I've been getting the same annoying message popping up about Yahoo sync... I appreciate your solution! I sure hope it works.
QUOTE Thanks
monka56

monka56 is on a distinguished road

I've read how to turn off this annoying pop-up, but can't figure out where/which address book I'm suppose to be opening. Don't see anything in my Mac address book and can't find it in yahoo either. Please help!
QUOTE Thanks
CaliMali

CaliMali is on a distinguished road

Thank you for posting an answer to this issue! I have also been experiencing this problem and tried everything! I am very pleased to see a question about this because it seemed there was nobody asking about this. FINALLY someone had a solution and it WORKED! Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
PAKINTO

PAKINTO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayrock View Post
Go into Address Book, Preferences, Accounts. In there you can turn on or off the syncs.
So simple to fix yet so annoying not knowing how to fix it, years with this issue now resolved.
QUOTE Thanks
alicepattinson

alicepattinson is on a distinguished road

My problem is different, even after I signed out on my Yahoo mail, i'm still getting notifications on my phone. lol!! that's so weird
QUOTE Thanks
HollyFox

HollyFox is on a distinguished road

Thank you, Mayrock, for the suggestion on how to stop the Yahoo Sync from popping up and asking for a password. I sure hope it works as it is really annoying.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flash Drive storage question | admin password »