New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Sharing iMac DVD with my MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

arnoneh

arnoneh is on a distinguished road

I think I've got something setup incorrectly with sharing on my iMac....I've set the DVD drive to share on the iMac (2.66Ghz Duo Core running 10.6.1). According to the documentation, from the MacBook (running 10.5) it should see the DVD drive under the Devices on the left pane of the Finder Window. Instead the DVD shows up as a folder under the Share category in the left pane of the Finder Window. The name of the folder is the name of the DVD.

Since it showed up as a folder, I didn't initially think anything was amiss, but when I click on it, it will not run the software install program on the DVD (I'm going to install 10.6.1 from the install disc to the MacBook) so I'm guessing this might have to do with how the DVD drive is shared or presented to the MacBook.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks -Harv
QUOTE Thanks
arnoneh

arnoneh is on a distinguished road

I still have not been able to figure this out and unfortunately I didn't get any responses on my question. I'm hoping that by replying and bumping the message back up into the range of current thread, that someone will see my question and respond. Hope that's not frowned upon....

Thanks -harv
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backup from time machine | Same Apple Newsletters Keep Reappearing in Imail »