New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startup

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

radyologist

radyologist is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,
2 days ago, a new macbook pro (13.3 with 10.5.7 OS) came which i ordered from US. i started the mac, set the default language as english, change the keyboard prefences as turkish keyboard, filled the information boxes. after i used it for a few hours, i decided to install SL. there was no private data so i didnt think to make a back up. and also i didnt know how to do that this was the first time i tried to use a mac. aproxiamately 20 minutes later, SL installation was left half finished. then i shut the machine down with holding down power button several seconds. the screen was gray when i started it again. with apple logo and spinning gear. then i started searching internet with my older laptop(which i'm using now ) I founded the exact problem in apple's support pages.
Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startup
I followed the instructions but it didnt work. i push Command-Shift-V buttons together, then dots moves on a black screen, then some writings appear. says
"NVEthernet: :mediaChanged - Link is down
NVEthernet: :setLinkStatus - Valid but not active"
and something like this.
I installed the original back-up dvd 4-5 times, with holding c key. after installation, it says you succesfully installed the software, now restart your mac. but after pushing restart button or its countdown from 30 seconds finished, there is a black screen with only mouse cursor. when i forced to shut the machine down and restart it, there is again gray screen with apple logo and spinning gear.
I even try to reinstall with SL disc but it didnt worked either.
i dont know what to do. i searced internet, searched this forum but i couldnt find the answer.

i know this is long but thanks for your patience.

any help would greatly appriciated. thanks.

PS:the dvd s are original. i ve 3 years apple care protection but because i am newbee to Mac OS, i want to take care of myself with your helps before i take it to the support center.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook crashes and repetative restart messages | Non-COmpatible apps- 10.6.1 »