New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - raid in leopard server wont boot.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

compwizpro

compwizpro is on a distinguished road

I have a mac pro with 2 x 500gb seagate drives booting leopard server. I have configured a stripe raid setup booting off disk utility and configuring it through apple. I have booted fine for over a year with leopard server installed. I recently took a 1TB drive out of a broken g5 and put in the mac pro. I was able to boot fine the first time but then one day the screen was blue and when I restarted it was just the white screen with the spinning grey circle thing. I hold down the option key and instead of getting one raided hard drive, I get Raid Disk 1 and Raid Disk 2. I boot off the install dvd into disk utility and it says that both drive slices are working fine and the raid is online. I even did verify disk integrity and it checked out fine. I went under startup disks and it displayed the raided hard drive as one.

Im thinking about re-installing but there are to many server settings to re-do. I took out the 1TB drive and it is still having the same problem. I hold down the option key and boot off both availabe HD1 and HD2 options only leaving me with the white splash screen and the spinning grey circle thing.

Is there something wrong with the operating system that I could fix since I would rather not re-install.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Two on One - FCxpress and Final Cut Studio | Java Applets under Snow Leopard »