New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - Accidentaly removed "library" folder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ljosfaxi

ljosfaxi is on a distinguished road

I had several windows open and pressed delete to remove a picture, i happened to delete a library from another window, but was too quick to shut it down to see where it came from! I have restored the library from the bin and tried to put it back in different places but it still doesnt work.

When I moved the library some settings in Photoshop went missing (my preset actions for example)

Is there supposed to be a library folder in the programmes file? And where in that case?

The contents of the libraryfolder seems connected to both safari, photoshop, imovie and itunes fto mention a few.
QUOTE Thanks
ljosfaxi

ljosfaxi is on a distinguished road

I solved the problem by trial and error.
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Glad you figured it out. However, selecting something and pressing Delete doesn't delete it, it just highlights it so you can change its name. You have to actually right click on something and choose "Move to Trash" to get rid of it.

But I hope this little trial-and-error experience has shown you how invaluable a Time Machine backup would be.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Java Applets under Snow Leopard | Is this something I can do with Automator? »