New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - How to install iLife on Snow Leopard (clean install)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonlong

jonlong is on a distinguished road

I recently did a clean install of Snow Leopard and cannot figure out how to reinstall iLife from the discs that came w/ my MBP. I have searched for quite a while now and can't find any solutions.

Any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Insert 1st disc that came with your computer.
It'll say Macbook or leopard install Disc: 1.
After Snow Leopard detects the disc, you'll see option to install bundled applications only.
Double click icon, type your password and let it install.
Half way through, it'll ask you to insert the 2nd disc to continue.
Insert the 2nd disc that came with your computer and let the installation finish.
Restart your Mac and you'll have a fresh install of OS X Snow Leopard with your iLife software!
QUOTE Thanks
jonlong

jonlong is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestion Kane, but I am unable to get it to work. The optional installs on disc 1 are things such as safari, mail, printer drivers, etc... It never asks for a 2nd disc. When I try to run the application installer from the 2nd disc, it says it can't be run from this computer.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

It is listed as an option if you select to install the bundled applications from CD 1. You will have to click customize just after you select the HD to install to (I think it's after the HD selection - just keep an eye out for the customize button in the bottom left hand side). I did this after installing SL so I know it's there.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Mac-Forums Investigates MacKeeper - Confused about MacKeeper? Take a look at this review.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlong View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Kane, but I am unable to get it to work. The optional installs on disc 1 are things such as safari, mail, printer drivers, etc... It never asks for a 2nd disc. When I try to run the application installer from the 2nd disc, it says it can't be run from this computer.
After you click bundled package installs only, and have selected the hard drive, and clicked next, as Vansmith posted after the above, you will need to click customise...
However, the only reason ilife will not be an available option, is if you already have a newer version on your system!
Also, it will be listed individually as garageband, iDVD, etc, not iLife.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "Task Manager" | is Mac "considered" a PC? »