New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Difficulty Upgrading Apps w/ Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

anderson

anderson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" Imac, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD.

Recently installed Snow Leopard and everything was fine until I attempted to upgrade my Firefox browser to Ver 3.5. When I attempted to install I get the following message:

"The operation canít be completed because you donít have permission to access some of the items."

I checked Security in System Preferences, etc and didnt see anything obviously wrong. Any thoughts as to how to correct?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

did you try removing firefox, and then installing the new version?
QUOTE Thanks
Mo_274

Mo_274 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black

I might be wrong but running the disk permissions on your drive after the upgrade might help with some of these issues. my firefox was updated yesterday and the v 3.5 works fine on my SL.
QUOTE Thanks
anderson

anderson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" Imac, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane fremder View Post
did you try removing firefox, and then installing the new version?
This worked!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Excellent! Great to hear enjoy..... and any more dramas, let me know..... even though I'm a newbie to mac, yet alone computers, as a guitar teacher and dog trainer, I have a lot of time on my hands, and any drama that comes up that I can't resolve, I don't rest easy until I do, and I seem to be having a great run at resolving many issues that a newbie shouldn't be able to! LOL
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting ready for the upgrade, but have some questions. | Snow Leopard side effects »