New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Cant access Secure Sites in ALL of my browsers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CayceRsoe

CayceRsoe is on a distinguished road

Hello,
First off, sorry I have placed this in the wrong listing.
I am going to say off the bat that I have no idea how OSs work beyond their pretty packaging, so any advice in this matter is going to have to be easy step-by-step on steroids.
Problem:
For some reason my system will not give me access to secure sites (ie https: sites) such as Gmail, Facebook YouTube etc, the funny thing is that it will let me open anything else. When I get to Gmail and Facebook (after clearing my cache) I can log in but after that nil. It is not a just browser problem as I receive the same results in both Safari and Firefox. Nor is it a problem with my isp as the rest of my family uses wireless from the same router and modem and they can access the sites. They also have PCs with make me think it's just a problem with my Mac.
I have checked the System Preferences for Parental Controls, it is not set up on my admin or the other account. My Network is through the Airport. My software Updates are up to date. I don't know what else to check. I haven't downloaded anything besides the update, at least not that I am aware of. Well except Skype but that was a month ago and this just started happening a few days ago. I read somewhere that the Skype add-on for firefox was causing problems for people. I do not have the add-on, but I deleted the Skype application anyway and the problem still persists.
I have had my iMac for a year (almost exactly) now and this is the first time I've had any problems with it. I've hooked my gmail up with Mail so I can check it there but not send out emails. I also need to be able to access my school sites, so any help with this matter would be much appreciated.

Here are my stats:
Mac: iMac 8,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
QUOTE Thanks
carlhnz

carlhnz is on a distinguished road

Sound like we might have the same issue. Anyone able to shed any light on this?

I have a mixed network of Macs and a single PC. The PC has no issues with internet access, the macs (including 2 iPhones) are unable to access some secure sites. They can access some https urls, but it's impossible to use any site that requires a log in.

The network was working perfectly until about 10 days ago.

I've tried flushing the DNS cache and also reset the Huawei modem firmware.
QUOTE Thanks
carlhnz

carlhnz is on a distinguished road

Replying to my own post.
I have fixed my issue by replacing the modem / router. Very odd.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Reformatting MS-DOS FAT16 SD card? | Data losses in Snow Leopard bug »