New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Should I revert back to Tiger, or will Snow Leopard help me?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JBarbier

JBarbier is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb

Hi guys. I have been running Leopard for about five months, or so. It started off running really well on my MacBook 2 Ghz Core Duo (not C2D) with 2 GB of memory. Since about around the time of the Leopard update that switched to Safari 4.03 it has been running really sluggishly and has been pinwheeling a lot as well. I'm considering downgrading back to 10.4 because it has become really unbearable. I know that the Snow Leopard update is supposed to be a bit more streamlined. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade rather than downgrading back to Tiger?

Thanks!

Justin
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

No matter what OS you use it will get sluggish if you do not do cleaning and maintenance, try Onyx and MainMenu. And increase memory as 2GB is minimum.
QUOTE Thanks
JBarbier

JBarbier is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb

Well, my memory is already maxed-out at 2 GB. I do do maintenance on my machine, but Leopard runs like (excuse the vernacular,) crap. From what I've read Snow Leopard isn't any better (i.e. streamlined) than regular Leopard. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Dreamweaver doesn't retain ftp login details - keychain problem? | 2nd Kernel Panic since Snow Leopard »