New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Cant access a website with Safari or firefox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cumby

Cumby is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,Mac OS X 10.5.8

I recently have been unable to log onto a financial website, that I hadnt had problems with in the past. The site is:

http://www.futurescholar.com/Account...ountAccess.htm

When I click on login, it takes me to this site:

https://www3.******************/tf/F...20120108001802

And I get this error message:

Safari can’t open the page “https://www3.******************/tf/F...0120108001802”. The error is: “The URL can’t be shown” (WebKitErrorDomain:101) Please choose Safari > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this messag

I get a similar message in firefox. I just downloaded firefox yesterday to try it and see if this was a problem with Safari, but no luck. I have cleared the cache for both browsers which did nothing and verified my disc which came out OK. I can access the website from a windows machine, no problem. This is really annoying because I do online investing with this institution.

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have you tried Reset Safari

No trouble here getting to the login page.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Cumby

Yes, several times. Just did it again and no luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Number6

Number6 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Core 2 Duo MacBook (home); Core Solo mini (work)

You might want to check your DNS settings; confirm with your ISP that they are correct. Are you having similar trouble with any other websites?

-----------------
Be Seeing You.
QUOTE Thanks
Cumby

This is the only website I have found any trouble with. I do use open DNS. Wonder if this might be the problem??
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

OpenDNS can cause problems sometimes

After using it for over a year I had to remove it from my router as it would not allow any lan connections to my windows home server machine at all.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Freezes on boot-up.Safemode doesn't work. | can't download anything »