New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Turn on TSL, SSL, etc...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DaSvenska

DaSvenska is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, OS X 10.10, iPhone 6 Plus

In Windows I could check the TLS 1.0, SSL, etc and it would solve my problems with accessing HTTPS websites. I have looked thru the preferences in Safari and cannot find these items to check (if any). Any help in finding these items if they are accessible would be most appreciated. Thanks

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

SSL/TSL are always enabled in Safari. There is no option to disable them, and you wouldn't want to.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

A little description of the problem you're encountering, along with maybe a sample web address might help as well. I've accessed a variety of https sites, including ones with privately signed certs, and I haven't encountered any issues as of yet...

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
DaSvenska

Tech, Neth, thanks for the help. As far as websites, I am trying to access sites that use the certificates from my ID Card. I use a card reader which does in fact see my certificates, ( I see this in key chain access ) but when I try to access the website, I get "page cant be displayed" sad part about this, it works normal in a Windows OS. I will keep trying to fix this as I told myself I wasn't going back to Win****. Hope this answers your inquiry.

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You may be trying to access a site that requires IE. They do exist, particularly company sites and quite a few specialty business sites.

Have one we must use at work. The site we have to use ... Cannot log in and browse the site ... except through IE, even in Windows.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm, fascinating - so the ID card itself maintains the security certificates that would allow for proper display of the page? I really don't know much about id card security, but I did come across this pdf file - it appears to have been a training presentation on FED/ED XIV which may be similar to what you're using? I'm not sure it would help as it's just the slides from the presentation - but perhaps it might point you in a direction you haven't tried yet?

http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/CSD4733.pdf

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
DaSvenska

Ok, thanks. Yep, the site is Federal, I have posted on this before but since then I have been able to put my certificates in the key chain. For some reason the site or something doesn't prompt me to input my Pin #. Oh well, just keep trying, good training I guess. Thanks for the help.

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks
DaSvenska

Ok, maybe this will help, what do I have to do to enable "browser certificate selection prompt". Is there a preference for this in Safari?

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

This thread may help:

Re: [Fed-Talk] Re: Fed-talk Digest, Vol 3, Issue 304

something about Safari choosing the first certificate on the card rather then the appropriate one - I found that link in this thread:

Apple - Support - Discussions - Safari SSL Certificates selection ...

which was suggesting control clicking (I think on the lock that would appear in the address bar) to then select the correct certificate?

QUOTE Thanks
DaSvenska

This was good info, I have went in "evaluated" the certificates and added the address as well as the host name, still no luck. Not giving up though, if I did that, then I would have to go back to Vista, and I don't want to do that.

--The Swede--
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Snow Leopard question | How can I remove all the data and make it close to 500gb »