mac_attack
    need admin password
    alrright,
    I dont have the admin password for my laptop, and there is allthese blocks on it that prevent me from being able to install thing and make changes to anything, and i blocks lots of programs. is there any way i can bypass the blocks or deleate the, or better yet get or delete the password for the admin account?
    Thanks Alot

sonofapplepm
    Would the previous owner be able to give you the password? Having the password would be the easiest and cheapest way of dealing with this problem.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    or you could reset it by booting from panther install disc 1, click Installer>reset admin password.

mac_attack
    i dont have the cds is ther any way of doing it without the disks?

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    no, the only alternative is an erase and install, which unfortunately also requires the discs.

ashtalon
    i have this problem too, i need admin passwords but i go to a school and the blocks... you know? mines for evil, he is actually in need....

Jefe3223
    Quote Originally Posted by ashtalon
    i have this problem too, i need admin passwords but i go to a school and the blocks... you know? mines for evil, he is actually in need....
    You crazy kids and your psudo hacking. Gah. hahahaha
    It's really not worth it (like I just said to another guy), you'll look back see it's just was too much of a waste.
    Granted, I understand your need, for I was once doing the same thing to pcs....

dr_springfield
    There are numerous ways you can gain admin access on Mac OS X. Which is best for you depends on your goals and your specific situation. Do you need the admin password, or do you just need admin privileges? Is it okay for you to just change the admin password? Do you need admin privileges, or root privileges? What version of OS X are you running? Do you have the ability to mount disk images? Does your system have an open firmware password enabled? Answer these questions, and I can tell you method you should use.

If you just want to change your admin password and don't have an open firmware password enabled, you can boot into single-user-mode. But even if you have an OF password, you can decode it easily. If you don't want to change your admin password and absolutely must know what it is specifically, you will have to brute force the hash. Finally, if you just want root/admin access for yourself the quick and dirty way, you can use a privilege escalation exploit to get root, then add yourself into the admin user group using netinfo.

All in all, if you have physical access to the machine, you can root it.

Finally, if you just want root/admin access for yourself the quick and dirty way, you can use a privilege escalation exploit to get root, then add yourself into the admin user group using netinfo.

All in all, if you have physical access to the machine, you can root it.[/QUOTE]

Hi dr. Springfield,

How you go about the above then?

Thread Information