New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - 10.4 expose and menu problems...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

connor55

connor55 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I cant seem to find anyone else with this problem.
i have a 3 year old macbook running tiger and just today the expose and drop down menus decided not to behave as they are supposed to.
wheni press f9 or f10, the windows move in to expose as they are supposed to, but they immediately return to their original position. drop down menus such as the apple and file menus on the top only open for a split second and then close right away. This also happens with right-click dock menus. safari cannot load pages either.. except for my homepage.
can anyone help me out here? ive never had any issues with my computer until now.
i cant even open the shutdown menu without it closing right away, so i can only do hard shut downs
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

You might want to start a new topic about Safari in the Applications area.

As far as the other issues, they all occur in the Finder. I wouldn't hurt to move this file: com.apple.finder.plist out of the Preferences folder in your Home folder Library. Users>your home folder(the house icon)>Library>Preferences

A new plist file will be created. If the problem persists, you'll have to try something else, but this is a good start. It might just fix it.
QUOTE Thanks
leopard-user1

leopard-user1 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody

Weird problem.

Can't help with Safari, but you should try to not just click, but click and hold, when you want a menu. Also, HOLD the button for exposé, don't just press it. Normally, you don't have to do that, but this is a workaround for your exposé and menu problems for now.

(from scienceteecher.com)
17" MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.2 Snow Leopard
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 64-bit Screensavers | Safari Reinstall on Snow Leopard »