Unhappy Snow Leopard Installed - Issues
    Installed Snow Leopard in my imac 20" 2.4, 4 gigs memory. Inserted the disk and followed the instructions with no modifications, it installed in 51 minutes.
    First off I noticed my "Used" hard drive space went from 260.36 to 272.3GB, thought it was suppose to drop.
    Second, I got an extra 185 email duplicates.
    Third, when my ical synchronized with my ME.Com calendar, it multiplied one of my recurring entries - not a big deal, but a small hassle.
    Forth, when you zoom in on a page using the "Control" + mouse wheel, it zooms in fine, but you can't move the mouse around the page and have the page move. You can only scroll up and down.
    This is all I have found so far, could be minor issues that could be fixed by most easily, but I am new to the Mac system.

Specs:
    BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
    Well, the only thing I've had to deal with that you've gone through is the second one. I have no real explanations for any these issues. Hope it gets figured out, I'll look into it some more.

Safari is slow as molasses, when I try to close Firefox I click on the Firefox tab and as I move down the drop-down box to close Firefox, it switches over to the apple tab before I can click on the close button.

Anxiously awaiting the Software Update.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    You've got lots of issues. What I suggest is to reinstall Snow Leopard, but this time install it clean. But before you wipe the drive and do a clean install, make a full Time Machine backup. After the clean install of Snow Leopard completes, it'll ask you if you wish to restore from a Time Machine backup. Select restore - make sure your external drive with the Time Machine backup is mounted. The process will take awhile depending on how much there is to restore.

Regards.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
    I might just have to try your idea, I've been hesitant/scared to try that as I am new to the Mac, but the steps you provided sound good and do-able.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    And if SL runs similar to Leopard, it will take about 3 updates to get it just right. X.5 was a different cat to say X.5.3 after a couple of tune ups.

Specs:
    Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
    As for the zoom, you cant move the page, but the zoom works on where you point the mouse..... for instance, if you point on the first word of this reply, it will zoom from that point.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    1. Normal: Apple now lists your harddrive as having more space overall - it's a marketing vs. technical thing

2. & 3. Meh?
    4. System preferences > Universal access > zoom > options >"screen image moves..."

Personally I wouldn't bother reinstalling... these are all most likely preference / configuration issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
    1. Normal: Apple now lists your harddrive as having more space overall - it's a marketing vs. technical thing

2. & 3. Meh?
    4. System preferences > Universal access > zoom > options >"screen image moves..."

Personally I wouldn't bother reinstalling... these are all most likely preference / configuration issues.
    Thanks a lot, your suggestion for #4 worked. I have a lot to learn about the Mac, but I will never go back to a PC.

Well, I did the clean install after backing everything up to an external HD, and now all seems to be working correctly. WooHoo! Thanks for the help chscag.

Hard drive space is the same, but Safari is running faster now, and all other issues solved.

Thread Information