New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Snow Leopard Killed My Internet

Thread Closed

evanjorgensen

evanjorgensen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8GHZ 4GB, Powerbook G4, etc.

I have quite the issue. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard (from Leopard) via USB install disk [thumb drive with Snow Leopard .dmg, Mac OS journaled formatted, GUID...] and everything seems to be working just fine EXCEPT...

My interwebz stopped working!

The airport seems to be working and recognizes the other networks in range, and says that it's connected. When I try to load a page, Safari continues to try and load but eventually says that the 'page can't be displayed'.

I've tried everything - Resetting router, switching browsers, renewing DHCP Lease, toggling airport,etc. It won't even work via ethernet cable from the router. I've read some other people that have had these issues but have not seen any fixes.

Running a Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have. If you are having the same issue, please post here so we can collaboratively figure this out.

Thanks!
evanjorgensen

Hey everyone,

I have quite the issue. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard (from Leopard) via USB install disk [thumb drive with Snow Leopard .dmg, Mac OS journaled formatted, GUID...] and everything seems to be working just fine EXCEPT...

My interwebz stopped working!

The airport seems to be working and recognizes the other networks in range, and says that it's connected. When I try to load a page, Safari continues to try and load but eventually says that the 'page can't be displayed'.

I've tried everything - Resetting router, switching browsers, renewing DHCP Lease, toggling airport,etc. It won't even work via ethernet cable from the router. I've read some other people that have had these issues but have not seen any fixes.

Running a Unibody Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have. If you are having the same issue, please post here so we can collaboratively figure this out.

Thanks!
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Where did the snow leopard in DMG format come from?

And please no Cross Posting the same post in two threads.
evanjorgensen

It came from brokenstones.me
EdH

EdH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd

Couldn't afford the $29 upgrade?

Ed
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Sorry, we do not support Illegal copies of OSX here at Mac Forums. It's against the rules here to talk about such software.

$29 is lower than any other OS and still people pirate it? Apple can't give it away.
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Although we don't permit discussion of software piracy, the following should give anyone that considers installing a pirated copy of Snow Leopard pause:

Mac Malware Update: Unauthorized downloads of Snow Leopard infested with Trojans | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
dtravis7

Good URL CWA and also if his copy had that trojan in it, it probably is the cause of his internet issues.

Thread Closed

« New Snow Leopard Time Machine | can't open the files from SanDisk memory stick »