New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CyCo_CyBorG

thx guys, they both work Fn + backspace and the command + backspace

i'm a ex-windows user, so the command + tab key to switch apps is like second nature to me, i didn't even stop to think that this was something mac users did not have
but the command + ` combo doesn't work here
i looked it up in the help file, and it's in there to, but it does noet work, in safari anyway (OS 10.3)
QUOTE Thanks
andyeb

A favourite (undocumented) shortcut of mine is Command + down arrow, which opens the currently selected file in the finder.

Conversely, Command + Up arrow opens the enclosing folder.

Hope that helps someone
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

there is a program called fn swithc, which allows you to set your f-keys to work as f-keys and not your short cutts for volume and screen brightness....
QUOTE Thanks
lokerd

> fn swithc

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I have looked all over the place for any program along this line, at least wtih swithc and switch in it, and couldn't find anything. I also looked for function, etc.

Is there perhaps another name it goes by?

Thanks!
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

the fn switch program should be on apples update website I think...my friend linked it to me...but I don't remember where I got it....I could IM it to you if you want it....I think I still have it....
QUOTE Thanks
lokerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
the fn switch program should be on apples update website I think...my friend linked it to me...but I don't remember where I got it....I could IM it to you if you want it....I think I still have it....
I wish I could IM on my Mac. For some reason, I can not get the IM to work. It says that I am not connected...but I am writing this?!?!?! I haven't had time to do muych research it. How big is the file?

Thanks!
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

the program is about 1.1 mb

do you have iChat? and it's not working?...I don't know what to say....other than mess around with the preferences maybe....
QUOTE Thanks
lokerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMoney
the program is about 1.1 mb

do you have iChat? and it's not working?...I don't know what to say....other than mess around with the preferences maybe....
Well, I did get IM to work...it turns out that the version on the Mac Office X disk is 3.0...and it doesn't work with 10,3, I guess. When installed 3.5, IM now works.

As far as sending the file, can you send it to: gloker @ beaumont.k12.tx.us? (Please remove the spaces in that email address.)

Thanks!
Drew
QUOTE Thanks
mymac

ive just tried this apple key + and it zooms in, then apple key - and it zooms back!
QUOTE Thanks
d4rklit3

Does anyone know where to get software that i can use to set my mouse buttons to do different things in OS X
QUOTE Thanks
scoopz

scoopz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro with 30" ACD, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD (more to come), Airport and Btooth EDR

When typing text in text editor, this here quick reply box, etc type the first few letters of a word then press F5 to see possible matches!
Handy if you are not too sure on the spelling of something.

Regards
Scoopz
Scoopz Homepage
QUOTE Thanks
shock

Hello everyone!

does anyone know of a way to bind this "sideways-K" key (sorry, am too young on mac) to "forward delete"? That would seriously rock my world! I never use it for anything but forward delete is something I am missing. It's got the perfect position for something like that, too (At least on this Powerbook it does) - Forward delete on one button right besides the cursor keys? Yum! Yum!

thx in advance
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I know some cool keyboard shortcus for taking screenshots.
besides the regular old shift+command+3 = entire screen shot
theres also:
shift+command+4, crosshairs come up, then drag to select area of screen to be captured,
shift+command+4 then tap space bar= a camera comes up, place over any window to capture the window, window when selected turns blue as in expose.
enjoy :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
2g5poweruser

I would like to know when you minimize a program to the doc what is the shortcut to maximize it back :ninja:
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2g5poweruser
I would like to know when you minimize a program to the doc what is the shortcut to maximize it back :ninja:
there is no shortcut to maximize a window, trust me, Ive checked.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finding my Files on iPad Mini | Mac OS 10.9 "Mavericks" Released »