New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Iphoto issues in Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

treimche

treimche is on a distinguished road

Previously I used Iphoto to import pics from my Canon camera. After installing Snow Leopard, I can no longer import photos. My camera only shows up if I have Iphoto open. Iphoto shows all my pics on my camera, but doesn't even let me click on "import photos." If I select a photo or photos and drag them into a folder in Iphoto, it will say "importing" but never actually does it. Now when I try to quit or do anything a box pops up and says "photos are being imported to the photo library, please wait for import to complete." Help!

Troy
QUOTE Thanks
treimche

And I have to force quit to make it quit.

Troy
QUOTE Thanks
treimche

Today this worked perfectly. I didn't do or change anything, so I have no idea.

Troy
QUOTE Thanks
Red Raider

Red Raider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X, version 10.6, MacBook Pro

I just upgraded with Snow Leopard 10.6, and now my computer does not recognize my Canon SD100 IS camera, so I cannot import photos to iPhoto. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Did your camera come with a specific driver on a disc? Normally camera's just show up as a HD icon on the desktop.
Have you tried putting the card in a card reader instead?

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Canon cameras, as a rule, don't mount as drives, so it wouldn't show up on the desktop. A card reader may well help, though.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I have a canon Digital rebel xti and iPhoto recognized it plugged in via usb. No problems here. Let me import photos just fine. I didn't have to install any drivers or anything.
The problem might be camera specific??
QUOTE Thanks
mr94040

mr94040 is on a distinguished road

After upgrading to 10.6, fails with Canon SD880IS, too.
QUOTE Thanks
mtgentry

mtgentry is on a distinguished road

I've been having the same issue with my digital rebel xt. Just got off the phone with apple and they say if you have an older version of iphoto (mine is v6) then there may be compatibility issues with Snow Leopard. His suggestion was to upgrade iLife.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Folder View Options | Wiping OSX and clean instal - however install disks don't work »