New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Clean Install of SL / Win7 Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

budafied

budafied is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB

Hey all,

I have my upgrade disk coming early next week in the mail. I'm used to doing clean installs on my OS's from my Windows days and I'd like to do it again just to clean out my system (even though its only a month old )

I have Windows 7 on a separate partition via bootcamp. If I install Snow Leopard on the current Leopard partition, but keep the Win7 partition, will SL be able to see and use the Win7?

Also, if I want to increase the size of the Win7 partition, is it safe to do it during install, or should I just do a clean install of everything?

I guess if I decide to clean install everything, then I don't have to worry about anything here.

Help is appreciated!

11.6" MacBook Air Ultimate
PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 S, 40" Sony LCD
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Why not try an upgrade install first? That will keep your Win 7 Boot Camp partition intact. Later on you can always increase the Win 7 partition with the free "Camp Tune" utility from Paragon Software.

If you're not satisfied with the upgrade install, it's easy enough to start over with a clean install of everything. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Up-To-Date Package. What Did You Get? | Snow Leopard anomolies »