New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.6 - Apple lists incompatible software for Snow Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coolbreeze

coolbreeze is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15 inch | 2.66Ghz | 320GB-HD | 4G-RAM | GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 512MB DDR3 SDRAM

The Apple website has a list of software that's incompatible with Snow Leopard at this link:

Mac OS X v10.6: About incompatible software

Moderator please move if you want this buried in the huge Snow Leopard thread. But I think it's useful as a thread by itself. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15 inch | 2.66Ghz | 320GB-HD | 4G-RAM | GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 512MB DDR3 SDRAM | Snow Leopard, iWork '08, iLife '09, Office Mac '08
iPhone 3G
| 16GB , Airport Extreme | 320GB drive attached , AppleTV | 40GB | Patchstick
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Also:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/app...atibility.html

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post

Moderator please move if you want this buried in the huge Snow Leopard thread. But I think it's useful as a thread by itself. Thanks.
I hate to say it...I think some (or a lot) of useful & interesting threads are getting lumped & lost into the "Snow Leopard Experience's" Thread...which seems to be turning into a big merged thread Snow Leopard "trash" can!!!

Maybe the threads should be given 24 hours of "life" before being tossed in there!

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
g725s

g725s is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac5, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 3 GB, and a similar Mac Mini, both on SL

Looks like you don't need Norton Antivirus anyway:

Apple Posts Mac OS X Security Page, Mentions 'Antivirus Software' - The security side of Mac OS X - Softpedia

Snow Leopard Has Built-In Antivirus - Security company Intego is surprised by Apple’s move - Softpedia
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I hate to say it...I think some (or a lot) of useful & interesting threads are getting lumped & lost into the "Snow Leopard Experience's" Thread...which seems to be turning into a big merged thread Snow Leopard "trash" can!!!

Maybe the threads should be given 24 hours of "life" before being tossed in there!

- Nick

I totally agree.
I mean all I wanted was to start a poll on how long everyone thought it'd take before Apple updated the new SL software and instead it's lost in that ginormous thread now. Ahhh, fuhgeddaboudit!
QUOTE Thanks
iPod Nano

iPod Nano is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

I think this ought to be stickyed as it's own thread. Very useful. It took just a minute for me to check through the list. I think I'm fine here.

Chris K.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

OK guys... Let's give our moderators time to sort all this out. Let's not forget that they're probably busy installing Snow Leopard and doing the tweeks just like the rest of us are.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Very helpful - thanks! Glad this was separate.
QUOTE Thanks
bobross

bobross is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod

I'm so glad that is going away. I am one of the few people I know who don't swear by it. I was always so uneasy that it was "sponsored" by Apple - at least to the extant that it was "recommended" on Apple.com

My theory has been that Apple is waiting to see what independent developers come up with to improve Boot Camp and running multiple OS's - mainly for more creative ways to switch between them and How to resize an OS hard drive after the fact. I worked for someone who called it "doing the impossible" - on Windows 2003 SBS Servers some drives come sized in-proportionately out of the box and he had the equivalent of a cheat sheet to change that. Before that I just assumed it was impossible to resize XP on my Mac but indeed I have not found anything reliable (not some third party freeware that works half the time).

I'm glad to see Parallels gone. I had an appointment with an "Apple Genius" and we had that same discussion.

As far as incompatibility goes - I am very careful about what I put on my computer. Anything even slightly incompatible will slow down boot time considerable. What has had the most affect on my MacBook has certainly been Office for Mac - My computer was fast as lightening before I installed that. I wonder if that will change.

I ordered Snow Leopard last night - but I don't think I will be installing it any time soon. Something tells me to just wait. It's not that I don't trust Apple (compared to MS), I personally just need some time.
QUOTE Thanks
bobross

bobross is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod

It seems according to others Parallels 5.0 works just fine

Snow Leopard Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

After checking the list...it would seem that Parallels 4.0 & 5.0 are currently compatible...only version 3.0 is not compatible at the moment.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Add Coolaris to the incompatible list. They are working to correct the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
eulipion

eulipion is on a distinguished road

Apple were pretty quick to prepare me for the upgrade to SL. The final ipdate on Leopard contained new drivers and firmware for my printer - which was just as well because it had unnacountably stopped working that same day - or from since I'd last used it and after the penultimate update. It works fine on SL - as do most things but not old versions of iWork.

How you s'posed to learn anything if you don't ask?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Accessing local machines while connected to a VPN? | Up-To-Date Package. What Did You Get? »