iMac fans go full blast after put to sleep!?
    Yet another odd thing happened to my iMac, when i put it to sleep the fan stayed on! after a min of the fan on it goes FULL BLAST! Tried to wake it but nothing worked, even the sleep light wasn't pulsating anymore. So I hit the power switch in the back for a few seconds and the fans stopped.

Restarted and everything seems fine but should i reset PRAM or NVRAM??

Just curious if i need to check anything out.

All because of the LaCie, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

New Jersey
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    LaCie's can make mac's run funky thats for sure. I would just reset but the PRAM and the NVRAM that way they will both be reset and might improve the overall performance of your computer
    My Website
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

ok, will try to do a reset on PRAM, i did theNVRAM but that did not help thanks!

ok guys, i've tracked down the problem to be the LaCie external HD. When I put the iMac to sleep it does that thing BUT the second I unplug the firewire cable from the LaCie the iMac goes right to sleep.

I did this twice already with the same results. When firewire is unplugged iMac goes to sleep right away.

Is this a glitch on the LaCie's end? Is there a firmware update that i should be downloading to solve this prob???

[edit] Do I need to download this: LaCie update tool v 1.3.2 for the D2 Triple Extreame? I don't want to download firmware that I do not need. Which one should i download as there are two versions. one has a .dmg extention while the other has a .sit (sorry still new)

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    I can not say if that is a problem with the LaCie drives only. It might be a problem with all firewire drives. I tend to unmount the external drives and power them off before I put my system to sleep.

As for the LaCie update tool, I don't know any thing about it. The doifference in the two version is that the .sit file should be a compressed version of the .dmg file. So that bouth should be the same, except that one is compressed and one is not.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

well i have another thread in iMac so... but it seems as if i fixed the issue (for now)... please see that post - sorry for double posting...didn't realize it...

Thread Information