New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Possible to create multiple users but keep same set up?multiple logins under one user

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jlcamp7

jlcamp7 is on a distinguished road

Hey all this is my first post and if this has already been discussed please forgive me. I have used the search quite a bit but really don't know how to word what I am asking therefore I am not running across the info I am trying to find.

This setup I am trying to create is for our church media computer. We have 7 different people that are involved in our media team at the church. I would like for each person to have their own personal login, which I can easily do just adding a seperate account for each individual, but here is where my problem lies.

We use ProPresenter as our main program for media. Within that program I have about 70 gigs worth of motion backgrounds, pics, videos etc. My issue is whenver I create a seperate account for each person, It is wanting me to reinstall pro-presenter (it is there in each account but it is asking me to input the username and insert my code for each one), meaning that I would have to reinstall everything that I have taken time to set up for the one main account. However worse than that I don't have the room nor think I should by an external hard drive to hold 70 gigs worth of stuff repeated 7 times just to have seperate user accounts. We like to try and keep each login seperate that way we know who has done what and everyone can kind of set it up the way they like it, however is there anyway, to allow the ProPresenter I have set up on the main administrator account to be accessible and usable by each individual account, or if not is there a way to create multiple logins under just one account?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

This is a very specialized piece of software. Would think you'd find better help for this at their forums.

Surely you won't be the first one to ask this question there since they only develop Mac software.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
jlcamp7

jlcamp7 is on a distinguished road

thanks for your help. I hadn't checked there yet, since I was speaking about multiple logins on the actual mac osX not on the propresenter program itself. I was just talking about propresenter to explain what I am trying to create. So still if anyone has any info on being able to do multiple users under one login I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help and I will also do research at the propresenter forums as well.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

My only question would be, where are you installing it? In the main Applications folder located in MacIntosh HD or in each users Applications folder?

I would "assume" that the backgrounds, pics, vids, etc you're talking about are add-ons and other modifications that most programs are set up to allow the individual user to set their own preferences and would be stored in the user accounts. That's where checking in with the developers to find out if there is a preference that would enable you to change the location for those type of things so that they're all stored in a shared folder instead of under the individual user.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

Could you do it the other way - have one log in and user but separate password protected folders for each of the individual users to keep THEIR stuff in?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with shared hard drive - read only | Can't empty trash? »