New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

newbie expose question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yiang

Hello
I know this is probably some extremely silly newbie question but how does the mouse buttons 3-32 work/assigned under expose? I only figured out the right click one LOL. I tried the mouse button 3 on a 3 button mouse but couldn't get it to do anything with the 3rd button. As you can tell, I'm extremely new to mac os x.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

Do you mean a 2 button mouse plus clickable scroll wheel? Or do you mean a 3 button mouse + scroll wheel? If the latter then the 3d button is actually button 6. Left (1), Right (2), Scroll Wheel Click (3), Scroll Wheel Forward (4), Scroll Wheel Back (5), Other Button (6)
QUOTE Thanks
yiang

oh okay, ya I'm using a 2 button with a wheel. Still, when I tried to assign the buttons 2-6, nothing happens. If i assigned button 3 for what you said is scroll wheel click and I assigned it to All Windows, nothing happens. Is there something I'm not understanding?

Thanks for your reply
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

No, you understood perfectly. What type of mouse are you using and did you load any kind of custom drivers for it?
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

If you are using Logitech, make sure u have installed the custom software provided by them at their website. The user guide that comes with it explains how to use all ur buttons for various expose features.
QUOTE Thanks
yiang

hi guys
I'm using a logitech mx300 mouse and I did install the drivers for it. So if it does work, if I choose, say like mouse button 5 assigned to All Windows, when I scroll the wheel back, it should span out all my current windows like F9 right? Because when I do that now, nothing happens. Only assigning the right button does anything.
QUOTE Thanks
yiang

oh nm, I found my problem. I didn't assign the buttons to the specific number in the logitech control panel for the mouse. Now they work. Thanks anyways
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

I don't know what influence the custom drivers have so hopefully Strider can answer. I use a Logitech trackball without special drivers and all the buttons work right for me. <shrug>

EDIT: Cool beans, nice to know if it comes up again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panther Question | Previous system:archive and Install »