New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Automatic Login still asks for password?!?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SYSTEM9

This is really frustrating, I want my computer to turn on at a certain time in the morning so that it can run certain programs that I have as startup items. BUT!, even though I have "Automatically login as" enabled, it still will only get as far as the login screen, and it prompts me for my password? what is the point of auto login if you have to type the password? when I first bought the computer it used to just start right up, but in time I added another account, at which point I was prompted for login and password. I have deleted that account and am now back to the original account, but it will not go back to the way it was. No matter what it always asks for a password before it completely startup. How do I bypass the login?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

go to account, log-in options. check automatically log in as and select the profile using the drop down box. it should then ask you for the password. hope this helps

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I'm not sure if you can auto-login admininstrator accounts without a password.

I know it works for "normal" users, but I think admins always need a password.

Part of the security features...
QUOTE Thanks
kabwon

aptmunich, that is not true, mine automatically logs in from startup and i only have 1 account which is obvisouly an administrator account.
Check whether a master password has been set, if so, remove it, remove all paswords. reboot and it should log in automatically. Then reset the password and set it back to auto log in on that account.
See if that works.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24
go to account, log-in options. check automatically log in as and select the profile using the drop down box. it should then ask you for the password. hope this helps
fearlessfreap24 is correct, system preferences>accounts>login options in the left column below accounts. and select your account where it says automatically login as:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« external hard drive, help@ | Panther Question »