New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - spinning wheel

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ampman

ampman is on a distinguished road

I seem to be getting the spinning wheel about 6 or 7 seconds after visiting websites, particularly ones i regularly visit. Anyone familiar with this syndrome, and have a solution? It lasts for about 10 seconds each time.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

what model of MacBook do you have

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Need to know more than just the symptoms to help you.

IE Browser and version. Not to mention your system specs.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

And how much memory is installed?
QUOTE Thanks
ampman

ampman is on a distinguished road

Actually, it happens on all applications and has the effect of stopping all running apps - music stops if using itunes etc.

ok - my mac - I'm not so up on specs but here goes

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB31.008E.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.24f2

i use safari, but as i said it is not just surfin

the problem seems to have started after i was forced into not ejecting my external hard drive properly, though i cant be 100 percent this was the catalyst. sorry for any crap typing, i have a broken wrist! hence the delay in respondingto you guys.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Something has become corrupted. Try running Repair Permissions, maintenance scripts and if no joy boot from install DVD and run Repair Disk from there, and if all that fails download a little utility named Applejack, read manual, and run that.

AppleJack Project Page
QUOTE Thanks
ADKhikerVW

ADKhikerVW is a jewel in the roughADKhikerVW is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4

Like harryb2448 said, you should repair permissions and do some maintenance scripts. There are several apps which can help you out with this. Personally, I use Onyx. Click the Automation button and then Execute, and it will do everything for you.
QUOTE Thanks
macntroublehelp

macntroublehelp is on a distinguished road

Sorry if this is not posted in correct place.

Hi,

Please help if you can.

I have a 2 year old macbook. I have never had problems with it until a few nights ago. I was watching some videos and it started to freeze up on me. I turned off my macbook by holding down the power button. I left it alone until monring. When I tried to turn it on again I found myself at the gray screen with the apple and spinning wheel. First it would just stay here for 30+ and not do anything.

I have tried to reset the Pram and start in Safe mode by selecting down shift after the inital chime. Nothing happens.

Now I try to power on, goes to same gray screen with spinning wheel and quickly turns off.

I am currently away from home and my install discs.

I need to use my macbook now and I also want to make sure I do not lose the information I do not have backed up.

Do I need my original discs? Can I have someone burn me a copy and mail them to me? This way I do not risk losing the originals in the mail.

Or can I try something different without having my install discs.

Please help in any way you can. It will be greatly appreciated.

My email is macntroublehelp@gmail.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard and SL dual boot | G5 and OSX? »